… yeshtondu sundara 🙂
* Visited the Mysore palace and the Dasara flower show..
* Clicked pics .. 🙂
* Sat in the lawns and enjoyed the song and dance performances by some orchestra group while eating the famous delhi papad and menasinakayi bhajjis 🙂
* Lunch at uncle’s place on Ayudha pooja
* Visited the Dasara exhibition… but had to return disappointed coz of power/generator failure at the amusement rides 😦
* Walked along the brightly lit streets looking at the milling crowds, vehicles and tanga passing by..
* On Dashami, lazed at home… reread a couple of books and watched the dasara procession live telecast on TV.
* Kids vetoed the idea of venturing out in the evening … they were busy building temples and high rises and did not want to be disturbed 😀
* Watched the grand fireworks that mark the end of Dasara celebrations from the terrace 🙂
* On the last day… managed to go and meet my friends G n S from my university days. Spent just couple of hours.. had to catch the train at 2.00 pm. They are my can-pick-up-from-where-you-left type of friends 🙂 and needless to say we can go on talking if left to ourselves 😀
A temple in the palace premises
The palace gates..
Majestic .. Gandaberunda!
Beautiful lilies 🙂
Lovely arrangement with idol of the Goddess in the centre ..
As we went during the later part of Dasara, we missed the events that were part of Entertainment Dasara and Yuva Dasara. Next time I plan to go during the earlier part and catch up on these… 🙂 Hopefully, there will be some interesting events and i’ll have the company of my friends!!
Happy weekend folks 🙂