This used to be a trend of a few of my blogger friends, during my initial days of blogging. I never had done it though. Today when I came here to jot down my thoughts, my mind kind of blanked out. So, maybe I’ll start by making a list of 10 things that come to mind, that I’ve been making posts of in my head 🙂
- Ammu is officially my TV/Netflix/AmazonPrime buddy now. Earlier, sis2 used to give me company mostly. ‘Friends’ is our official tea-time ‘stress buster’ series. We have watched quite a few series but thats fodder for another post hopefully 😀
- I am constantly thinking of sprucing up my balcony garden. But am not upto it physically and time-wise too. I used to water them regularly but now, the plants are wilting and I’m tempted to let them dry and wither away, so that I can start afresh in spring. Sounds cruel ??
- Our cook/house help D has gone home to take care of her ailing mother and I’ve been juggling work and home affairs (with help from Ammu and dad). It feels good to be up and about, and in-charge. But I miss all the other things like writing, drawing, creating stuff.
- Since the beginning of the lockdown (mid March), I’d been diligent with my exercise /dance routine. But, with D gone (nearly 2 months now), I’ve not made the effort to practise my dance or do any exercise. Mind is lazy and I’ve got the excuses of home affairs and work responsibilities to take care of 😛
- Sis1 moved to their new home (around 3 months ago). Its around 15-16 km from ours. I’ve now gotten used to driving on that route. There are some stretches on the way that pass through semi rural areas and are picturesque. Love the drive..it almost feels like we’re going off to a holiday home 🙂
- Two new members have been added to the family. I’m yet to introduce them here. Wont go into details here as a proper intro is a must!
- A wedding is in the offing and we were in a dilemma whether to attend or not. Looks like we’re going to have to take the risk. Yes yes we’ve have thought about reasons/excuses etc etc but these folks are really close, which again does not feel worth the risk but its like being caught between the devil and the deep sea!
- Diwali is around the corner and I’ve forgotton to apply for a leave. So, its just the weekend for celebrations (Monday is the main festival in this part of our state). Thinking of preparing some simple sweets and savouries. But it remains to be seen what I’ll actually be able to achieve.
- I’d sorted and packed old clothes to be given off but since D went away in a hurry she couldnt take those along. They had been lying in a corner and I was worried they’ll get moldy. But was pleasantly surprised to find out about Swiggy Genie ( a new option to give away usable stuff to Goonj). The clothes have been taken out and aired. I’m hoping I can send those off as soon as possible.
- Ammu and Adi’s ‘s classes are on. Its all online at the moment and it is disconcerting that children have to spend so much time glued to devices. Adi gets to go and play with friends outside (not strictly social distancing). Ammu, on the other hand is happy to be occupied with her artistic pursuits. Though, she fondly recalls her school days, playing and with friends and having a whale of a time! wondering if she’ll be able to do that ever again….
So there! Glad I could write the 10 points as I’d set out to!! 🙂 How about you folks. Hope all are doing well and are gearing up for Diwali! Hope the festivities bring in the much needed cheer 🙂
Until next time, cheers! 🙂