So.. here I go again! After a somewhat longish break 🙂
The month of June just zipped past..
– Schools reopened. Getting back into the groove was quite a challenge! Especially with Adi. He wants to play as much as he did during the vacation. And since he has company.. friends younger than him who do not have to read/study as much, it is very hard to restrain him and get him to do his work!!
– Brother and family were here during the first weekend. They stayed with us for 5 days and we did all we could to make their stay a memorable one. It was a very emotional one since Bro is a cousin who we got together with for the first time ever and he felt very very happy and glad that he and his family could connect with all of us, after being bereft of any close relative on his side till now.
Not sure if any of this makes sense to you. But there is a long story behind all this which I might write sometime. For now, suffice to say that it was a kind of getting together which made us all happy and hopeful 🙂
– I completed one year at work here. It has been an amazing year… I went from terrified to overwhelmed to wow to i’ve done it! Also been exploring new initiatives.. hoping they’ll help me hone myself further!! There’s much appreciation about the things that I’ve achieved so far. Only makes me want to gear up and put the things on my mind to action and see where they take me !!
– Sis2’s birthday on the 22nd! We went out for lunch to a place in UB city!! The high point was that we both wore skirts.. something that we had wanted to do for quite some time now. We do wear skirts – the 3/4th or almost full length wrap around ones. But that day we wore the knee length skirts and loved the feeling 🙂 After an awesome lunch, we headed to buy a TV for dad. It was supposedly sis2’s father’s day gift to dad!! Must say.. one lucky dad he is 😉
July.. so far, has been amazing!!
– Ammu turned 10!! Yes 10 🙂 We’d been thinking of a birthday party for her. But didnt plan one due to various reasons. But a huge surprise awaited us. Dad decided to do a home makeover – replacing the old stuff with new, as they were really too old and in a disposable condition! Ammu was excited about this. And to make it even better, we decided to paint the house as well! All decided in a jiffy.. almost.
Our home was totally transformed within 4-5 days, just in time for her birthday on the 6th of July. Choosing and buying paints. Painting.. cleaning…It was heavy duty shopping on the 5th – new sofa, refrigerator, cooking stove, utensils, curtains, bedspreads. Birthday shopping and decorations on the 6th. And of course the birthday celebrations 🙂
All in all a hectic week it was.. the weekend even more!! Each of us felt like we had done an year’s worth of shopping and swore we didnt wanna shop anymore until at least a couple of months! That it didnt quite stay that way is another story altogether 😀
– I completed another decade of my life the very next weekend. It has been a decade of so many drastic changes, a decade of being mom and one of coming into my own!! So very thankful and grateful for everything 🙂
Got Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 as gift from the family!! Excited of course… but my plans of staying off of a smart phone were all ruined 🙂 Now there’s peer pressure to install whatsapp… I’m sure I will be made to succumb to it very soon 🙂
– First round of tests going on for the kids. I have been totally hands off. Looks like Ammu is beginning to realize that effort on her part is required to score well. Not exactly in the competitive mode… she is just trying to do her best. And that is all I want. For her to try and give her best!! 🙂
Thats all for now folks!! Hope to be around 🙂 Tata!!