There is something magical about the moon! Isnt it 🙂
Nostalgia rushes in when I think of the moon…
- Lil me being fed lovingly by granma or mom, while being told tales about the moon. And that scene repeated with my little sisters and then with little Ammu and little Adi… goes on… isnt it 🙂
- Then, there is notion of Chandamama, the moon being your uncle!
- The other Chandamama was the children’s magazine that I loved so much!
- The night travel…looking at the moon all along and feeling its company throughout the journey!!
- Not to forget the Ganesha chaturthi special, when we were advised by elders to not look at the moon for the entire 11 days duration of the festival!
Full moon days are doubly joyful when I’ve not forgotten it, and have been able to look at the moon in its full glory at the right time!! Noticing and looking at the moon has become second nature to me and I’ve managed to pass on the love to Ammu as well. Now, her excitement surpasses mine when she spots the moon and my joy knows no bounds at the sight of her excited joyful expressions 🙂
Its difficult to capture the beauty of the moon and the night sky, using a mobile phone but we do not seem to give up. Ammu especially persists, trying different modes and so on, to get a good click.
Here are a few clicks… not sure which was clicked by whom
I’m sure most everyone has got lovely memories associated with Chandamama. Go on..share it in the comments or in a blog post of your own! 🙂