I am wondering whether I should continue to call these posts ‘Tiny tidbits’. You were really tiny when I started writing these…now you seem to be all grown up at times. But then again, your words come to mind and make me smile 🙂
You say ‘ I’m still a baby ma! and you are also a baby because you have your dad!!’ You’ve said this many many times. I wonder each time.. as to what is running in your little mind.
And, I also wonder why we adults cease to think like this, when at some level we are still kids, guided and protected by our parent(s) in some way or the other. Their love and good wishes we aspire for and hold to, and especially during times when life is not so nice to us. So, yes.. i’m still a baby my little angel 🙂
Here a few tidbits that I want to jot down… just like that 🙂
* Dora is your favorite subject for drawing.
* You do not wait for the right sheet of paper or the right set of colours. You just get going whenever you feel like drawing 🙂 You have been mostly like this always… and I’m so glad that i’m saved from the pestering 🙂
* You want to draw and paint on the walls. A full fledged painting, that is. Not the usual scribbling bits and pieces here and there!
* You mentioned that you want to be as fair as your Ashu didi from Kolkata. I’m hoping that it was a momentary thing as you did not dwell on it again.
* On the flip side though, you said that you do not like that your friend is dark in complexion. When I tried to probe and explain, you told me off saying ‘Yes.. I dont like that she is dark. But she is good and we are friends’. 😐
* You get angry/annoyed very very easily. You have a very high expectation from everyone around you, to ‘get’ you instantly. Impatience could be your second name. Or first even! Impatiens balsamina is my pet name for you sometimes. My ‘botanist ‘ streak you see 🙂
* You love being glued to the TV, if you are not occupied with your drawing/colouring or your homework. Its just a big no to studies/practice lessons otherwise 😦
* You wish you would get full marks in all the subjects! For that to happen you need to practise your lessons. I am trying to ‘be there’ for helping you out with revisions.
* You keep saying that you want to be with me all the time. You express your love and adoration very openly. I feel so very blessed and life seems so very beautiful 🙂
* You love to advise/suggest/help me with what I choose to wear. But when it comes to you, more often than not, you are not comfortable with what I suggest for you and you agree only after some explaining 🙂
* You are also open about the things that you dont like or anything that makes you unhappy or uncomfortable. So thankful for this.. and I hope you’ll pour your thoughts to me .. always. Confidante ?
* You love your brother lots but wish that you had a sister instead 😐 At this stage, your and Adi’s interests vary and you both rarely agree on what you want to play or do, together. Tough times playing referee and getting you both to do things together..
* You wish thata goodnight and blow him a kiss even when he’s gone off to Mysore. At times, you send a goodnight wish to everyone!! A sweet trait right from when you were ‘tiny’
* While waving bye or at the end of a call, you say ‘Bye, love you, take care, good night, sweet dreams’!! Yes. Good night and sweet dreams are kinda part of the package 🙂 Needless to say, Adi follows his didi.
* You are clear that you do not want to be tied up to any ‘class’ during weekends or your vacations. You want it to be unstructured so that you can do things at your own pace! I wonder how I’ll get you to learn dancing or singing or anything at all.. even though you enjoy these activities..
* At times, you feel torn between what you want to do and what someone else asks of you. However, you mostly choose to stick to what you are comfortable with! Though I sometimes ask that you give in, I’m really very glad you hold your own at such times and dont go out of your way to please anyone!!
* You want to join Karate class though. You’re sure of that. But chose not to join the boys of your class for the Karate period in your school. This, after I spoke to the HM, and she assured us that of course girls could go for the Karate instead of dance, which is taken up by the girls generally..
Now, some pics of your drawings..
Thats all for now! I hope to be back soon with some ‘Adi’ tidbits 🙂
Have a happy Sunday folks!!