Yay! yippeeee!! Lovely Swaram has awarded me with this!!! Sooper excited as this my first award 🙂 🙂
Glad to know.. my honesty can be seen/felt by the people who read me 🙂
And this tag is a first as well!
1.I must thank the person who gave me the award and list their blog and link it
2.I must list 10 honest things about myself
3.I must put a copy of Honest Scrap logo on my blog
4.I must select at least 7 8 other worthy bloggers and list their links
5.I must notify the bloggers of the award and hopefully they will follow the above three requirements also.
Thanks Swaram… I needed to rake my brains..as i’m not good at writing or even speaking about myself 😦 but it has been a good exercise at taking stock of myself… So here I go..
- I am an avid reader… not that i buy a lot of books..but i can read anything that catches my attention…it can even be a paper in which bhajjis/churmuri had been packed!
- I love to write down my thoughts… I used to on cards, or even on scraps of paper ; though never in a diary. Somehow there was a break..and i didnt write anything for a long time.. Now..with the kids..its impossible not to write.. and so I blog [though not as much as i would have loved to 😦 ].
- I am a cleanliness freak… I like my home to be spic and span..including the closets and cabinets. However, i do realize that trying to be perfect in these matters is no good.. its just a drain on your energy and time…
- I hate lies and hypocrisy.
- I always try to look for the good in anyone or anything..and try to see things from the other’s perspective.
- I cannot hate anyone.. hate is too strong a word for me..and i believe that life is too short to hate and hold grudges. And ..cursing is a no-no for me; i even manage to convince my sisters/dad against cursing or talking ill of others…they sometimes hate me for this!
- I have a creative bent of mind… and believe I would have done great if i had chosen the arts..fine arts or even the performing arts!! Right from school days..i have tried my hands at variety of arts/crafts.. always with good results 🙂
- I’m not a planner. I just take things as they come.. so i rarely panic. I hate it when someone asks me what my five year goals are ..or for that matter even one year goals 🙂
- I’m short tempered [only with my folks]; though i have tried to work through and around my temper… i still have a long way to go..
- I believe friendship is the best type of relationship; when you infuse friendship in your relationships, you always have it going for you 🙂
One of the activities in our summer vacations was to clean up the old trunk and the shelves [me and my sis had taken this upon ourselves… ]. We would always start it together..but invariably i would be left alone to complete the task! No..dont jump to conclusions yet.. my sis was never at fault. It was me who would start reading the news paper sheets spread at the bottom of the trunk ..and after waiting patiently for some time..she would quit out of sheer boredom!! Obviously, the same thing happened while cleaning the shelves.
After raking my brains for so long, i realized that the results of my attitude test on FB is quite close; I could have just done ctrl c and ctrl v. So..here it is
“you are the sort of person who likes to take life slowly… just one day at a time.. you usually know the difference between right and wrong. you believe in yourself. you put yourself in other peoples shoes and see how it feels to be them and then handle a situation accordingly.your attitude towards life is very positive…. you are liked by all and are a great friend.the flip side is that sometimes you care too much about other people and dont do what you really wanna do..”
I dont know anyone who has not already done this tag. So anyone interested can please take it up!
P.S: This was waiting for a nudge from Swaram 😛