The past year has been one of pleasant surprises.. and some significant changes!! I’d want to write some of these at the beginning of 2012. But I guess its more comprehensive now. With the birthday gone by and another brand new year just rolling in… it feels perfect to list these out !!
* I was well on my way out of the dark period in my life a long time back. But this past year, I felt truly revived and back in my element. Its been an unbelievable journey.. but here I am!! And I feel grateful for E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G !!
* Last year, encouraged and pushed by a new team mate, I participated in some of the events in office. It felt awesome! And I really had fun!! Now, I encourage and literally push other hesitant and shy colleagues to go for it..
* In the process, I made some new friends. And, as opposed to me being the timid one.. I found myself coaxing them to talk and share more of themselves!! Found out that one is a book lover like me. I remember our book conversations and the excitement. Fantastic Earlier, I never had friends outside of the team.. Felt really good, even though, most moved to other locations/organizations.
* Rediscovered the joy in music!! Truly enjoyed listening to songs and swaying/dancing .. like I used to in my college days!! Dancing with the kids to music we love is the new stress buster And, the chota ipod shuffle is a constant companion..
* Went back to reading with a vengeance.. so to say. I had missed out on reading for almost 5- 6 years since the time when Ammu was born. Now, the long commute, of an hour and some more, is being taken advantage of! Bliss
* This is totally new!! Initiated conversations with some of the regular co-passengers on my way to office. That is, I made friends with complete strangers! An added advantage is that couple of them are book lovers too We talk about books sometimes, when we are not reading and have even exchanged a few!!
* Discovered the joy of complimenting random people in the office, who I don’t know personally!!
* Gave a shot at couple of things that I had set my heart on. The first one.. I couldn’t keep at it due to various reasons. The second one is something that I had always wished I could do. It was lurking in some distant corner of my mind and wasn’t even in my awareness completely… a hidden desire that was brought to the fore in surprising ways. Now, I’m loving every bit of it
* Started doing some floor exercises to keep them limbs and joints going I’ve been able to do it quite regularly Yay!!
* After years of unwavering steadiness around 47-48, I finally got the boost and crossed the 50 mark! Probably due to the reduced stress physically and mentally.. not to speak of an overdose? of ice creams Double yayy!!
* All the while, endeavoring to ‘grow’ in the real sense. Trying to live in the moment. Making it a way of life. Giving up prejudices, if any. Trying to catch myself while being judgmental or making presumptions. Re-learning, Un-learning, Learning!! . I think I’ve come a long way.. from what I was a few years ago.
* I believe I’m doing better in terms of temper management. Especially, when it comes to dealing with Ammu. This is still, however, not up-to-the-mark as per dad!! When will Granpas ever be satisfied
* Felt ecstatic on couple of occasions.. leaving me wondering at my capacity for ‘feeling’ again!!
When I consider the tangibles in life, I sometimes feel less than satisfied at my progress. However, the intangibles that I’ve listed here give me a sense of accomplishment. And I feel re – energized and all set to go!! Looking forward to the surprises of the year ahead